Monday, July 7, 2014

Waiting, Hoping, Wishing

Why do things end? Why do people leave? What's the point of falling in love when all it ever does is end in hurt? 
I would hate him so much more if I didn't love him so much.

Our story is so much like history, over before we even knew it began.


Missing is a part of life. Whether you are missing some one, some thing,  some emotion, some feeling, some thought, or some memory. You miss chances and opportunities, meanings and theories, lessons and triumphs. Moments pass in an instant and then are left behind regretted by those who never took the opportunity to revel in them, and missed by those who so intensely cherished them.

Life is a series of MIStakes and MISunderstandings


The memories you left behind haunt me as if the light was never there. Moments so vivid to me, that they couldn't have been made up. Yet the light, the passion, the feeling held so carefully and faultless was my own MISrepresentation. Your hand, although extended,  never grasped. Your heart although so seemingly strong, was weak. Your life, so unsure and inconsistent,  formed a lie which you told me over and over again.
So why do I miss these moments?  Why can't the memory of you end with your disappearance?


Why do I continue to be driven by hope, when all my heart can truly do is fear.



Humanity is messy, it's complex in nature. Resisting fear is not for the faint of heart, and hope is for the foolish.  But if I wait, I hope, and I wish then I give myself the opportunity to live. Hope out-stands fear. Love overrules hate.
And missing someone is a whole lot better than never knowing them at all.

Letting go means remembering these things. It's that separation and distinguish between those who wait, and those who hope. I have waited for you forever,  each day crushing my hope more and more. So I let go of the burden connected to the wait, and I allow hope to invade. I give myself the permission to wish for your happiness and to wish for your success. While reminding myself that these are my dreams as well.


Broken things cannot be fixed through someone else's heart. No matter how much I cared my heart was never the glue you needed. The glue came from within. The strength as your guide. And a new day as your opportunity.

So I will miss you, as the moments replay in my mind; but as this ending was inevitable, our fates are full of promise.

So...


As I waited--
so will you, 


As I hope--
you will too, 


As I wish--
you will find the light you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment